ADVERTISING ACCEPTANCE POLICY:
Ads will be rejected from the site if the ad:
- Is written in ALL CAPS
- Attempts to offer more than one product or service in a single ad
- Contains video or pictures not exclusively associated with the content of the ad
- Is not placed in the proper category
- Is submitted more than once in the same category
- Contains a description exceeding 500 characters
- Violates any local, state or federal laws
- Contains inappropriate content
- Does not register with a valid email address (cannot contain spaces)
- Contains an email address in the body of an ad
- Contains HTML or other code
- Contains an image file that is too large or does not display properly (file name can not contain spaces)
- Redirects traffic to another website
- Is submitted by professionals who are not allowed to post free ads that pertain to their profession. These professionals include, but not limited to, Real Estate and other housing professionals, automobile dealers and employment placement and staffing services.
A Photo or video used in an ad will be rejected from the site if it:
- Attempts to offer more than one product or service
- Contains video, audio or pictures not exclusively associated with the content of the ad
- Displays or contains email addresses, weblinks or embedded code
- Is produced for use on radio, television, newsprint or any other advertising media and does not have our prior, expressed written consent
- Contains music tracks or snippets from copyrighted material (See "TERMS - 3. Restrictions on Use" below)
Decisions made by SoutheastTexas.com management regarding ad placement and acceptance are final. SoutheastTexas.com reserves the right to reject any ad at any time for any reason.
- General. This SoutheastTexas.com site is owned and operated by Beaumont Enterprise. Beaumont Enterprise has the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the site, including, without limitation, the content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use of the site.
- Equipment. You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the site and all charges related thereto.
- Restrictions on Use.
- You shall use this site for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the site any material which:
- Violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others;
- Is unlawful;
- Is threatening;
- Is abusive;
- Is defamatory;
- Is invasive of privacy or publicity rights;
- Violates any copyright or trademark law;
- Is vulgar;
- Is obscene;
- Is profane, harassing or constitutes stalking;
- Which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense;
- Which gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law;
- Anything that is deemed inappropriate, competitive or conflictive.
- Mass solicitation replies to ads or singles club profiles on this site is strictly prohibited.
- Beaumont Enterprise retains the right, at any time and with reasonable notice to the advertiser, to charge a rate deemed suitable by Beaumont Enterprise for advertisements placed in the "classified" section. If there is notice given to you of a rate change, and you decide that you do not wish to continue to advertise, then you will have no further obligation and no other actions need be taken by you. If after notice of a rate change you do not agree to pay the rate, then Beaumont Enterprise will remove your ad from the "classified" section at no cost or charge. You also agree that any advertisements you post in the "classified" section will not violate any of the terms set out in paragraph 3A above. Any conduct by you that in Beaumont Enterprise's discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying this site will not be permitted. Beaumont Enterprise retains the right to withdraw advertising from the "classified" section of SoutheastTexas.com at any time without notice.
- Whether placed free of charge or at cost, you shall not post advertising or transmit email or any other responses to advertising through this site which contains advertising, promotion or solicitation for any online information service, newspaper or any other medium which is competitive with this site.
- No postings shall be displayed nor shall any account be created on this site (free or otherwise) by competitors of SoutheastTexas.com or its owner, Virtual Communities, Inc., or sister company MediaCorp, Inc. or Chargois Communications without prior written permission of the management of Virtual Communities, Inc.
- The site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, without limitation, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the contents of the site are copyrighted under the United States copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express written permission of Beaumont Enterprise and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
- You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of the site, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such material has expressly granted Beaumont Enterprise the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form media or technology now known or hereafter developed. You also permit any other user of the site to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that user's personal use. You grant Beaumont Enterprise the right to edit, copy, display, publish and distribute any material made available on the site by you.
- The foregoing provisions of Section 3 are for the benefit of Beaumont Enterprise, its affiliated partners and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
- Disclaimer of Warranty - Limitation of Liability
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER Beaumont Enterprise, ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
- THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE.
- THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INACCURACY, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY), NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BEAUMONT ENTERPRISE IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- IN NO EVENT WILL BEAUMONT ENTERPRISE, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE SITE OR THE CONTENT INCLUDED THEREIN, BE LIABLE IN CONTRACT, IN TORT (INCLUDING FOR ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE OR SIMILAR ECONOMIC LOSS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL USE OF AND CONTENT ON THE SITE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL BEAUMONT ENTERPRISE'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE.
- Indemnification. You agree that for any information that you place with SoutheastTexas.com and Virtual Communities, Inc., including but not limited to advertising, that SoutheastTexas.com and BEAUMONT ENTERPRISE are not responsible to indemnify you, defend you or hold you harmless for any liability arising out of the advertising or advertising content supplied by you. You specifically agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SoutheastTexas.com and Virtual Communities, Inc. against all claims or demands by anyone for any loss, liability, action, claims, demands, injury, damage and/or expense arising out of or resulting from the publication, production, broadcast or any other transmission of your advertisement or content of your advertisement of whatever kind or nature, including but not limited to claims for copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement, libel, slander or any other claim that in any way arises out of the publication, production, broadcast or any other transmission of the advertisement or advertising content. You agree that this indemnity agreement will apply regardless of whether the claim or demand being made is based on the negligence or gross negligence of SoutheastTexas.com and for Virtual Communities, Inc. and regardless of whether the negligence is the sole, joint or concurrent negligence of SOUTHEASTTEXAS.COM. or BEAUMONT ENTERPRISE.
- Monitoring. Beaumont Enterprise shall have the right, but not the obligation or duty, to monitor the content of the site [including chat rooms and forums], to determine compliance with these conditions of use and any operating rules established by Beaumont Enterprise and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. Beaumont Enterprise shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the site. Without limiting the foregoing, Beaumont Enterprise shall have the right to remove any material that Beaumont Enterprise, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable.
- Privacy. Beaumont Enterprise is a strong advocate of email and personal information privacy. As such, all email addresses and personal information posted on Southeasttexas.com will be protected. Use of Southeasttexas.com by unauthorized third parties is expressly forbidden. Any unauthorized use of email or personal information by any parties not affiliated with Southeasttexas.com will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. This includes, but is not limited to, the unauthorized solicitation via email or phone with personal information obtained from any of the ads placed on Southeasttexas.com. Any party or parties involved in such abuse will also be billed $100 (one hundred dollars) per email or phone number per usage or attempted usage.
- Trademarks. Beaumont Enterprise, SoutheastTexas.com, each of their logos and the phrase "The Local Legend" with accompanying graphics, are trademarks of Virtual Communities, Inc. All rights are reserved. All other trademarks appearing on the site are the property of their respective owners, whether the owner be Beaumont Enterprise, SoutheastTexas.com or some other entity.
- Third Party Content. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers and users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of Beaumont Enterprise. In many instances, the content available through the site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider or user. Beaumont Enterprise neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the site by anyone other than authorized Beaumont Enterprise employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
- Changed Terms. Beaumont Enterprise has the right at any time to change or modify any of the terms and conditions applicable to use of the site, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, without limitation, adding fees and charges for use. Except for the terms found in Paragraph 3B, any such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, without limitation, posting on the site, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means. Any use of the site by you after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of such changes, modifications, additions or deletions
- Email Usage. Beaumont Enterprise reserves the right at any time to notify you via email of special announcements and/or offers whether directly related to Southeasttexas.com or a Southeasttexas.com partner. By using the services provided, you are agreeing to receive above stated emails. Request to be removed from the email list for such above stated offers will result in all AD usage of Souhteasttexas.com to be suspended. By entering an ad at any time on Southeasttexas.com, you are agreeing to receive such email.
- Facebook. Beaumont Enterprise reserves the right to post selected classified, real estate, jobs and autos ads to its Facebook timeline. The information contained in this ad will briefly highlight the subject matter with the purpose of enticing users to read the ad in full on SoutheastTexas.com. No contact information of any kind will be included. Anyone not wishing to have their ad posted to Facebook by contact contacting Webmaster@SoutheastTexas.com.
- Refusal of Service. Beaumont Enterprise has the right to refuse or suspend service to any person or business entity in violation with our terms, conditions or standards without notification.